First learn what PSD stands for?
WordPress and PSD themes are terms that you usually don’t introduce while dealing with web designing sector. PSD happens to be a Photoshop document, which is the brainchild of Adobe Photoshop. Defined as a working file, it helps you to save time and edit some image parts into separate png and jpeg files.
This file is your complete vacant canvas where you can pour all the creative juices out and end up with some of the customized designs. If you want, you can opt for PSD file in Photoshop and carry operational services any time you want.
Now for the WordPress themes:
If you are new in this field of WordPress themes, then a simple explanation at first is mandatory. These themes are more or less similar to the ones of your smartphone. Just like with any other mobile theme, a Word Theme will provide the primary form of virtual identity to blog or website. You get to decide on the feel and look of it, with navigation, likes, icons and more.
Trying to convert PSD into WP theme means you are dealing with a group of files or templates, and deciding on the basic feel and look of your website.
Before you start the conversion process:
Make sure that before you begin with the steps to Convert Photoshop to WordPress, there are some beginners’ points you need to catch up with. WP themes are advanced outputs, which will ask for customization from your part. So, it is highly recommended to use multiple folders while designing PSD to WP theme. It helps in maintaining the proper structure of the WP Theme Template.
What to expect from the conversion firm:
There are so many companies, claiming to offer you the best conversion services from Photoshop to WordPress. Choosing the best team among the lot is tough, especially with so many names. But, there are some tips which will help you to choose the right squad among the lot.
- The team will first analyze the PSD file and then recommend the matching plugins to go with the functionality.
- Some of these plugins are Mega Menu, Visual Composer, Child Theme, and Revolution Slider.
- Each plugin will help in simplifying the task of web management and will further help in easing out the functional implementation of the website.
- With better engagement and interactive value by your side, the developers will add some of the retina-ready design.
- Furthermore, they will use the single-page WP website and parallax page animation, which can finally help in leading towards better conversions.
- The child theme from these reputed centres will make it easy to update the subject of the website in no time.
- Furthermore, you have visual composer, which will help you to create webpages in WP not just quickly but also comfortably.
- Revolution slider is what makes the site looks more attractive and enhance the present user experience.
- On the other hand, you can always expect to get parallax animation from the source too. Here, the team gets to add some of the impressive effects on the website by working on some of the stunning parallax animations.
The steps to rule in this conversion:
You indeed need to hire dedicated wordpress developer for converting the PSD file into WordPress. But, make sure to get a clear idea on the conversion steps on your own, so that you can check on the services, from time to time.
- At first, you need to chop PSD file into smaller pieces. Then, craft the Style.css and Index.html.
- For the next step, you need to revamp the index.html into the field of WordPress theme file.
- As the last step, work on the learning curve to keep it high and then add some bonus functionalities.
If you want to make the website unique and responsive, changing it from Photoshop to WordPress will work well for you. It will surely help to make the website attract as many clients and prospective customers as possible down the lane.