The task of buying a custom shipping container can turn out to be quite sophisticated and overwhelming. You need to scrutinize the factors you will have to consider to decide upon the type of transport container(cargo) you need; navigate yourself through the various container alternatives in the lines of traits and size; draft a financial plan for your buy; collate new and old containers; mark-off standards issued by the government for container shipping, so-on and so-forth. Taking the help of this guide, purchasing the shipping container of your dreams should be child’s play.
Both new as well as old transport containers have varied purposes in the contemporary world. Alongside their primary utility of safe and snug movement of transport, shipping containers make remarkable storage units, garden outhouses, at-site offices at construction sites and many more.
Spotting the perfect fit of a custom cargo container to match your needs might sound pretty simple theoretically, but here is what you need to sleep on before you set out on your quest.
- WHAT WILL YOU USE IT FOR?
The widest manifest uses are for transfer or depository purposes. Below are a few general uses of transport containers:
- Shipping container bars.
- Moving cargo regionally and/or overseas.
- Short-term or long term safe storage.
- Frozen storage – Deep freeze to chiller.
- At-site lunchrooms
- Depositor of highly-flammable items.
- Storage of archival documents
- Garden outhouses.
- TYPES OF SHIPPING CONTAINERS
To be sure of which type of shipping container best serves your needs is a must before you set out for container shopping. Many people are unaware that shipping containers are available in a few categories. Let’s take a look:
- The General Purpose Container
- The Open-Top Container
- Dangerous Goods Container
- The Side Opening Containers
- Refrigeration Container
- WHAT SIZE SHIPPING CONTAINER WILL YOU NEED?
Deciding upon what type of custom shipping container you need is not good enough. You will also need to take a look at which size best suits you. For instance, If you are running a business where you are moving cargo from one part of Australia to another will the growth of the business foster? Will you need a bigger shipping container to handle that growth?
The 3 main varieties for shipping containers come in are:
The 10ft containers hold good for menial jobs and for those who want to get the bang for the buck. Whereas, 20ft containers are, the best bet as they can be used for anything and hence, are chosen more often. Speaking about 40ft containers, these are the best choice for those mammoth tasks. One real upside to the 40ft containers is that it is more efficient to move one of these than two 20ft ones.
- THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN FINDING THE RIGHT SHIPPING CONTAINER SUPPLIER
The purchase of a custom shipping container of your choice is going to be a success only if you choose the right supplier to buy it from. For your convenience, here is a list of suggestions to consider while buying from a renowned supplier:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Do they have a good overall reputation?
- Is there any independent review of the company online?
- Are they customer-friendly and knowledgeable when you speak to them?
- What are their prices like? Do they sound fair and reasonable?
- Have you compared prices with other suppliers?
- Will they deliver to your area?
- How much is the delivery costs and what are their timeframes for delivery?
- Do they provide guarantee on their shipping containers, particularly, used containers?