Whether you plop yourself on your couch after a hectic day’s work or you have guests over for a fun game night, the importance of having a good sofa set to liven up your living room is unparalleled! If you think about it, apart from your bed, you’ll probably spend the most amount of time on your couch. So, if you’re redecorating or moving into a new place, you need to have a comfortable sofa! If you’re feeling a bit confused about which sofa style to go for, this article is here to end your confusion! Just sit back, relax, and read on!
Considerations for Selecting the Right Couch
Before you learn about the different sofa designs that you can choose from, it’s best to remember a few important factors to make the decision-making process easier. Just keep the following factors in mind before making a decision:
● Budget: The amount of money you can afford to spend is a big consideration when it comes to buying important pieces of furniture. Set a budget that is reasonable for you and streamlines your search accordingly.
● Functionality: How much time do you generally spend at home? Do you share your apartment with other people? If so, how many? How many friends or relatives do you call over at once? These questions are very important to help you select the right sofa design.
● Living space: How many rooms are there in your apartment? How big is the living room? Do you have a separate bedroom or do you plan on using your couch as your bed? How much space can you spare for a sofa? These questions need to be answered before you consider buying a couch.
Different Sofa Styles
Now that you know about the different considerations you have to keep in mind while choosing a sofa, take a look at the following sofa styles to purchase for your living space:
● Loveseat: If you live alone, then a two-seater sofa such as a love seat can be a great option for you. It’s big enough for you to be able to lie down on but small enough for a smaller living room. Classic loveseats give off an art-deco appeal so if that’s your aesthetic, go for this one!
● Sofa-cum-bed: If you have an apartment without a separate bedroom, buying a couch that doubles as a bed is a great idea. Just keep your pillows and blankets close by in a basket and you’re good to go. It’s great if you’re living alone. A futon is also a sofa design that’s a great alternative to a sofa-cum-bed.
● Sectional sofa: For people living in spacious apartments or bungalows, a sectional sofa is a perfect option. It is great if you like switching up decor or the placement of your furniture from time to time because these couches come in 3-5 sections.
● Firm sofas: If you like sofas that are a bit more structured, opt for a ⅔ seater sofa that comes with adequate storage space. The base of such sofas is hollow which makes it a perfect fit for smaller condos or apartments.
Apart from the aforementioned ones, there’s the classic Bridgewater style which seats 2-3 people and isn’t very firm. If you’re very confused, go for this classic option. Go ahead and get yourself the perfect couch for your living space!