Having so much quality in HP Printer doesn’t mean that it is free from a technical error. Every now and then users come across numerous issues like HP Printer Showing Offline while using this top-notch brand.
When your HP printer is displaying the offline status in the control panel, it may be possible that it is not properly connected, or a bad driver is barring it from the connection.
HP printer is showing offline status is the warning sign of printer, that device is not properly connected to the network or failed to make a connection with the existing network. It can be fixed by checking the cables or wire of the printer. In case, the printer is wireless, check the internet connection. Also, restarting your device can easily fix this problem. If the problem persists even after restarting the device, check driver compatibility with the system.
There could be various problems, and here is the solution for that. To bring the HP printer offline to online, you need to follow these steps.
- Go to Settings, click on the Printers, right-click on the printer model, and then choose Use Printer Online option.
- Then, you can double click on the printer menu and click on Cancel All Documents. There might be a possibility that the print job is stuck in a job queue.
- Bad drivers may be causing this problem, and that is why the printer shows offline. You have to install the HP printer driver from the official website and uninstall the current ones. Now, restart the printer and computer to make the changes to the system.
To reinstall the HP Printer drivers, you need to uninstall the current ones. You should open devices and printers, choose the printer, and open its properties. Now, select the Uninstall Driver option to uninstall it. After that, you have to open the official HP website and download the latest drivers for your printer model. Go to the downloaded file and double click on it to install it. Follow the simple on-screen instructions of the driver installer.
Installation For wireless HP printer:
To install an HP wireless printer, the network plays the major. So, make sure the strength of the network is high.
- First turn on your printer, router or network device and your computing device
- Now, remove all the cable connections such as Ethernet cable or USB cable.
- Make sure that computer and printer are sharing the same network
- Open the HP control panel and then open the setup, network or the wireless menu.
Go to the Wireless Setup Wizard and enter the below-given details:
- System name (SSID)
- Next, you need to provide the SSID and password (WEP key or WPS passphrase)
- Now connect your computer to the wireless network
- Make sure that your computer and printer are as close as possible for a better network strength
Turn on your printer, router, and computer at the same time.
- It is necessary that your printer and computer are connected to the SSID network simultaneously
- Open the Control panel and go to the Setup, network or wireless menu.
- Once the Wireless setup wizard is open, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the HP printer to wireless network.
Few useful Installation tips:
- It is important to have the right set of drivers for the printer on your computing device. So, first, remove the incompatible drivers and now, get the correct driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Do not plug the USB cable to the printer, without installing the correct set of drivers, as this may hinder installation.
- To remove the offline error, you can restart the printer and computer. This will help, in all scenarios of error
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable will help fix errors in some cases.
- When the USB cable connection is not working, you can connect the printer to a different USB port.